Disputes, misunderstandings, and litigation can all have negative effects on the health and longevity of your business. Whether you’re the owner or member of a partnership, a limited liability company, or an established corporation, it is critical to ensure that your entity’s legal and financial interests are being protected by an aggressive and experienced business law lawyer.
At Bellatrix PC, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with responsive, tactical business solutions. Through critical analysis of the issues at hand, our legal team has repeatedly achieved favorable outcomes for numerous clients across a diverse range of industries and legal structures. As a results-oriented firm, we aim to resolve complex disputes as rapidly and efficiently as possible, so that you can resume normal operations with clarity and confidence.
To arrange for a private consultation with the commercial attorneys of Bellatrix PC, call our law offices at (800) 889-8376 today. The sooner you consult with us, the sooner we can get to work addressing your legal matter.
Experienced Business Law Lawyers
Even outwardly simple business transactions can lead to confusion and uncertainty. Businesses of all structures are subject to myriad state, federal, and municipal regulations, which collectively encompass matters ranging from workplace discrimination to job site safety to the enforceability of non-compete contracts and other contractual agreements.
Even for highly knowledgeable and experienced entrepreneurs, it can be virtually impossible to keep abreast of the business world’s numerous and ever-shifting laws while busy with the daily demands of running a company. All too many business owners have been unpleasantly surprised by federal investigations, the imposition of civil penalties, and lawsuits by employees, despite believing they were in full compliance with the law.
At Bellatrix PC, we bring a nuanced practical understanding of the full scope of business law to each and every legal matter we handle. We will listen to your concerns, advise you with regard to your rights and responsibilities as a business owner, and explain the potential outcomes of the courses you could take on the path toward resolving your issue.
Should litigation arise, we are fully prepared to defend your business all the way to trial if necessary. However, we are also qualified to function as mediators, to represent your company during arbitration, or simply to act as general counsel for your basic, daily questions and concerns. We will help you understand the benefits and disadvantages of each available legal strategy as it pertains to your matter, so that you can make an informed decision about what’s right for your company. When you work with Bellatrix PC, you can feel confident that your business is in capable hands.
Representing Partnerships, Corporations, and LLCs: Cases We Handle
As business owners ourselves, we are personally familiar with the seemingly endless complexities which can arise in business and commercial law. In order to serve our clients effectively, we handle a wide variety of legal matters throughout every stage of the business life cycle, from formation to sale and dissolution. No matter which point in its life cycle your company has reached, our dedicated attorneys are prepared to counsel you.
We are equipped to handle the full spectrum of commercial matters, including but not limited to the following:
Breach of Contract
- Contracts act like blueprints, setting clear expectations for all parties to any business agreement. When a contract is breached by one or more parties’ improper actions or failure to act, the other party or parties can suffer significant financial harm.
Business Formation and Dissolution
- Selecting the right legal structure is critical for the long-term success of any business. Likewise, proper dissolution ensures that debts and assets will be distributed appropriately when the company changes hands or reaches the end of its life.
- All types of disputes can lead to destructive lawsuits. Whether your company has been accused of breaching a contract, engaging in discriminatory hiring practices, or other alleged misconduct, our attorneys will vigorously defend your business in court.
Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Contracts are the foundation upon which all business transactions are built. We will prepare, review, revise, and aggressively negotiate your contracts with employees and other businesses, ranging from licensing agreements to commercial leases.
- Whether your company has been named in a gender discrimination lawsuit, needs assistance determining overtime classification and fair payment of wages, or you simply have questions about drafting an employee handbook, our employment law attorneys are here to help.
Trademarks and Intellectual Property
- Databases, recipes, software, and related information can be a company’s most valuable assets. We work to protect your intellectual property and trade secrets with clear and enforceable contracts.
Our other areas of practice include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Business Insurance
- Creditors’ Rights and Debt Collection
- Hiring, Firing, and Layoffs
- Independent Contractors
- Leasing Property and Equipment
- Libel, Slander, and Defamation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Minimum Wage and Wage Disputes
- Non-Competes and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Payroll, Salary, and Bonuses
- Permits and Licensing
- Sexual Harassment
- Stock Options
- Tax Compliance
- Unfair Competition and Unfair Business Practices
- Whistleblower Lawsuits
- Workplace Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
Whether you’re thinking about starting a company, need assistance resolving a stubborn dispute, or have already been named by a commercial lawsuit, the attorneys of Bellatrix PC have the skill and knowledge to help your business reach its goals.
To schedule a private appointment, call our law offices at (800) 889-8376 today.
For all of you businesses in cool brick lofts, I've got some bad news for you. Grandfathering under the ADA is not a thing. Everyone thinks it is, though. It's a persistent rumor leading to poor decisions. I hear the grandfathering rumor all the time. All. The. Time....
I recently had a very annoying experience. I was sued. I own a business, so I might as well have a target on my back that says, "SUE ME." It is seriously ridiculous. The lawyer part of me says, "why does anyone own a business?" The entrepreneur part of me says, "screw...
A lot of people on the internet are starting to become familiar with copyright laws. They know, for example, that you are not supposed to save and use a picture from someone else's website. Sure, theft of images online is pretty rampant. But honest business owners...
How useful is a condom that is never taken out of its box and wrapper? If you were the kind of person with enough forethought to buy a condom, you would probably want it to protect you from several things. But it would not be very useful to go through the trouble of...